Venue: Brighton Racecourse
- David Pickup, Business Analyst, STA
- Griff Thomas, Managing Director, GTEC
- Chris Jardine, Technical Director, Joju Solar
- Jonathan Bates, Managing Director, Photon Energy
- Lauren Cook, Co-Chair, Solar Strategy, REA
- Andrew Padmore, CEO, Egnida
- Charlie Greenway, European Manager, Clenergy
- Miles Davidson, Housing Sustainability Manager, Brighton & Hove City Council
08:30 Registration & coffee
09:00 Welcome from the chair
09:10 Opportunity to hear public sector about how they installed on-site renewables:
- Overview of the installation: what technologies were selected and why?
- What is the expected pay-back period?
- How was it funded?
- Who was involved in the decision-making process
- What were the key drivers behind the decision
Miles Davidson, Housing Sustainability Manager, Brighton & Hove City Council
09:25 Conducting an energy audit
- Why energy audits are vital for the future of the industry
- Increase self-consumption for both residential and commercial clients
- What part can an installer play in helping an organisation to conduct an energy audit?
- The importance of “intelligent” energy use in making an installation profitable
Griff Thomas, Managing Director, GTEC
CALCULATING RETURN ON AN INSTALLATION
09:40 On-site renewables – does it make sense for you?
- Post FiT, what is the driver for a PV installation
- What other technologies could you be looking at?
- Case study from a recently installed integrated system: meet the buyer and the installer
Chris Jardine, Technical Director, Joju Solar
09:55 Preview of finance models available- how to make solar work for you
- Adapting to the market changes to survive and grow
- Importance of electricity load and tariff analysis
- innovative funding options for solar PV and integrated solutions
Andrew Padmore, CEO, Egnida
CODES OF CONDUCT
10:10 MCS12 code of conduct and what it means for installers
- MCS12 checklist- are you prepared?
- Setting quality standards and increasing market confidence
- Clarifications of wind loading, weather tightness and fire proof regulations
Charlie Greenway, European Manager, Clenergy
10:25 How to select an installer
- A selection of well-respected installers update the audience on what to expect from an installer.
- What red flags should a buyer look for, where can you go for further information?
Andrew Padmore, CEO, Egnida
Jonathan Bates, Managing Director, Photon Energy
10:50 Networking break and tyre-kicker session
This session will allow you to look at a selection of different technologies or visit sponsors and network with installers for advice:
- Financing a project
11:30 Heat storage focus session
- How to pick up the right heat storage for your property
- Calculating saving by heat storage
- Other technologies that compliment heat storage.
Joan Pisanek, Manager, Sunamp
11:45 Storage: the game-changer?
- What are your options: batteries, heat, electric vehicles
- What impact would storage have on demand charges for a business?
- The path towards commercial viability for storage
- Storage code of conduct
Lauren Cook, Policy Analyst, REA
Jerry Hammilton, Director, Tesla Energy
12:15 Regulation changes: What it means for commercial users and installers
- Overview of what happened last year
- Focus on FiT changes and impacts
- Do the new tariffs stack up?
- How can we make them work?
- What is on the horizon for 2016?
David Pickup, Business Analyst, STA
12:30 Localised cost of energy and how it can affect you
- How to make sure you are fully taking advantage of your space
- The localised cost of energy in your region
Barrie Davies, Country Manager, Jinko Solar
12:45 Networking lunch