Venue: The SSE Swalec (home of Glamorgan Cricket)
- Paul Phare, Development Manager, Energy 4 ALL
- Griff Thomas, Managing Director, GTEC
- Jonathan Bates, Managing Director, Photon Energy
- Gareth Jones, Managing Director, Carbon Zero
- Andrew Padmore, CEO, Egnida
- Charlie Greenway, European Manager, Clenergy
- David Pickup, Business Analyst, STA
- Paul Southall, Environmental Advisor Rural, National Trust
08:30 Registration & coffee
09:00 Welcome from the chair
09:10 Case Study: Installing PV on National Trust Properties
- What technologies where considered and why
- Installing over multiple properties
- Choosing the right property from your portfolio
Paul Southall, Environmental Advisor Rural, National Trust
- The dynamics of community solar
- Advice on how to start your own community energy project
- Community energy ownership models
Paul Phare, Development Manager, Energy 4 ALL
09:40 Conducting an energy audit
- Why energy audits are vital for the future of the industry
- Increase self-consumption for both residential and commercial clients
- What part can an installer play in helping an organisation to conduct an energy audit?
- The importance of “intelligent” energy use in making an installation profitable
Griff Thomas, Managing Director, GTEC
CALCULATING RETURN ON AN INSTALLATION
09:55 Overview of finance models available- how to make solar work for you
- Adapting to the market changes to survive and grow
- Importance of electricity load and tariff analysis
- innovative funding options for solar PV and integrated solutions
Andrew Padmore, CEO, Egnida
NETWORKING AND EXHIBITION VISIT
10:10 Networking break and tyre-kicker session
This session will allow you to look at a selection of different technologies or visit sponsors and network with installers for advice:
- Financing a project
CODES OF CONDUCT
11:00 MCS12 code of conduct and what it means for your business
- MCS12 checklist-are you prepared?
- Setting quality standards and increasing market confidence
- Clarifications of wind loading, weather tightness and fire proof regulations
Charlie Greenway, European Manager, Clenergy
CHOOSING AN INSTALLER
11:15 How to select the right installer for you
- A selection of well-respected installers update the audience on what to expect from an installer.
- What red flags should a buyer look for, where can you go for further information?
Buyers’ Q&A session: feedback from the audience
Jonathan Bates, Managing Director, Photon Energy
Gareth Jones, Managing Director, Carbon Zero
Andrew Padmore, CEO, Egnida
11:35 Heat storage focus session
- How to pick up the right heat storage for your property
- Calculating saving by heat storage
- Other technologies that compliment heat storage.
Joan Pisanek, Manager, Sunamp
11:50 Storage: the game-changer?
- What are your options: batteries, heat, electric vehicles
- What impact would storage have on demand charges for a business?
- The path towards commercial viability for storage
- Avoiding mis-selling or being mis-sold to
Lauren Cook, Policy Analyst, REA
Jerry Hamilton, Director, Tesla Energy
UPDATE ON REGULATION
12:20 Regulation changes: What it means for commercial users and installers
- Overview of what happened last year
- Focus on FiT changes and impacts
- Do the new tariffs stack up?
- How can we make them work?
- What is on the horizon for 2016?
David Pickup, Business Analyst, STA
12:35 Localised cost of energy and how it can affect you
- How to make sure you are fully taking advantage of your space
- The localised cost of energy in your region
Barrie Davies, Country Manager, Jinko Solar
12:50 Networking lunch