Venue: Musselburgh Racecourse
- John Forster, Chair, STA Scotland
- Griff Thomas, Managing Director, GTEC
- Lauren Cook, Policy Analyst, REA
- Charlie Greenway, European Manager, Clenergy
- Martin Cotterel, Application Engineer, Tesla Energy
- David Pickup, Business Analyst, STA
- Joan Pisanek, Manager, Sunamp
- Barrie Davies, Country Manager, Jinko Solar
08:30 Registration & coffee
09:00 Welcome from the chair- John Forster, Chair, STA Scotland
09:10 Doing Solar PV in the public sector
- Is there still time to install domestic solar PV?
- Which properties are better suited?
- Project deliver- what to look out for?
09:25 Conducting an energy audit
- Why energy audits are vital for the future of the industry
- Increase self-consumption for both residential and commercial clients
- What part can an installer play in helping an organisation to conduct an energy audit?
- The importance of “intelligent” energy use in making an installation profitable
09:40 Localised cost of energy and how it can affect you
- How to make sure you are fully taking advantage of your space
- The localised cost of energy in your region
09:55 Overview of finance models available- how to make solar work for you
- Adapting to the market changes to survive and grow
- Importance of electricity load and tariff analysis
- innovative funding options for solar PV and integrated solutions
10:10 MCS12 code of conduct and what it means for installers
- MCS12 checklist- are you prepared?
- Setting quality standards and increasing market confidence
- Clarifications of wind loading, weather tightness and fire proof regulations
10:25 Networking break
This session will allow you to look at a selection of different technologies or visit sponsors and network with installers for advice:
- Financing a project
- Heat Storage
11:10 Heat storage focus session
- How to pick up the right heat storage for your property
- Calculating saving by heat storage
- Other technologies that compliment heat storage.
Joan Pisanek, Manager, Sunamp
11:25 Storage: the game-changer?
- What are your options: batteries, heat, electric vehicles
- What impact would storage have on demand charges for a business?
- The path towards commercial viability for storage
- Storage code of conduct
12:00 Regulation changes: What it means for commercial users and installers
- Overview of what happened last year
- Focus on FiT changes and impacts
- Do the new tariffs stack up?
- How can we make them work?
- What is on the horizon for 2016?
12:15 Networking lunch