Venue: AJ Bell Stadium
- Mark Bramah, Director, Apse
- David Pickup, Business Analyst, STA
- Griff Thomas, Managing Director, GTEC
- Chris Jardine, Technical Director, Joju Solar
- Jonathan Bates, Managing Director, Photon Energy
- Gareth Jones, Managing Director, Carbon Zero
- Lauren Cook, Policy Analyst, REA
- Barrie Davies, Country Manager, Jinko Solar
- Andrew Padmore, CEO, Egnida
- Charlie Greenway, European Manager, Clenergy
- Paul Phare, Development Manager, Energy 4 ALL
08:30 Registration & coffee
09:00 Welcome from the chair
09:00 Doing Solar PV in the public sector
- Is there still time to install domestic solar PV?
- Which properties are better suited?
- Project deliver- what to look out for?
09:15 Case Study: Installing PV on National Trust Properties
- What technologies where considered and why
- Installing over multiple properties
- Choosing the right property from your portfolio
09:30 Conducting an energy audit
- Why energy audits are vital for the future of the industry
- Increase self-consumption for both residential and commercial clients
- What part can an installer play in helping an organisation to conduct an energy audit?
- The importance of “intelligent” energy use in making an installation profitable
09:45 On-site renewables – does it make sense for you?
- Post FiT, what is the driver for a PV installation
- What other technologies could you be looking at?
- Case study from a recently installed integrated system: meet the buyer and the installer
10:00 Different finance options that can help you
- Adapting to the market changes to survive and grow
- Importance of electricity load and tariff analysis
- innovative funding options for solar PV and integrated solutions
10:15 MCS12 code of conduct and what it means for installers
- MCS12 checklist- are you prepared?
- Setting quality standards and increasing market confidence
- Clarifications of wind loading, weather tightness and fire proof regulations
10:30 How to select an installer
- A selection of well-respected installers update the audience on what to expect from an installer.
- What red flags should a buyer look for, where can you go for further information?
Buyers’ Q&A session: feedback from the audience
11:00 Localised cost of energy and how it can affect you
- How to make sure you are fully taking advantage of your space
- The localised cost of energy in your region
11:15 Networking break and tyre-kicker session
This session will allow you to look at a selection of different technologies or visit sponsors and network with installers for advice:
- Financing a project
- Electric vehicle charging stations
11:55 Heat storage focus session
- How to pick up the right heat storage for your property
- Calculating saving by heat storage
- Other technologies that compliments heat storage.
Joan Pisanek, Manager, Sunamp
12:10 Storage: the game-changer?
- What are your options: batteries, heat, electric vehicles
- What impact would storage have on demand charges for a business?
- The path towards commercial viability for storage
- Storage code of conduct
12:40 Regulation changes: What it means for commercial users and installers
- Overview of what happened last year
- Focus on FiT changes and impacts
- Do the new tariffs stack up?
- How can we make them work?
- What is on the horizon for 2016?
12:55 Networking lunch